Dr. Carter was born and raised in Peoria, Illinois. He graduated from Peoria High School and Illinois Central College. He received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa.
He has always had a strong interest in sports and has used that interest and experience to successfully treat many athletes and sports related conditions. In high school, he was named All State and All American in diving and was the speed skating regional champion. Injuries from sports participation led him to a career in Chiropractic.
Dr. Carter has a deep passion for everything health related. He is constantly studying to deepen his understanding of the human body and natural healing through chiropractic and acupuncture.
He is married to Donna, who has been involved in the practice since it began. They have one daughter – Chloe who is starting college in the fall.
Certificates and Degrees of Dr. Carter:
- DC – Doctor of Chiropractic Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Diplomate in Acupuncture
- Diplomate – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Advanced Certification Acupuncture Society of America
- FASA – Fellow of the Acupuncture Society of America
- Certified in Cox Decompression/Distraction Technique
- Certified in Graston Myofascial Release Technique
- FASBE – Fellow in Applied Spinal Biomechanical Engineering